May 05, 2012

Dance Dance Dance


Golden Week, the longest national holiday of the year* is about to finish. Just came back to Tokyo from a trip to Shikoku, which, despite being one of the four main islands of Japan, is an oasis free from tourists. Beautiful desolate nature, warm and welcoming people and heart-filling food! Being easily accessible from the tourist hotspots, I would definitely recommend you to visit Shikoku to get a true sense of what ‘rural’ Japan is.

But here is an artist from Ehime prefecture, Shikoku, whom I discovered at the Bansuisou, in Matsuyama city. TCHINAI Kyousuke’s (智内・兄助)paintings have me mesmerised. The profane and the traditional are beautifully entwined with dazzling touches of gold leaves.



北の火祭 咲きのぼる葵

因果 (1993)

More can be seen here and here.

* Nine days for lucky me, but five for most people

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! Title made me smile too, I recently finished reading Dance Dance Dance. Oh, I do miss you. Post coming to you soon, I promise (including veg stock cubes). xo

    ReplyDelete